Often, care is most appropriately and effectively provided in your home. CareSouth Homecare Professionals are focused on ensuring a smooth, resourceful and timely progression throughout your recovery journey. Under the guidance of your personal physician, our clinical team of nurses, therapists and medical social workers develops and delivers a personalized plan of care that includes medical and rehabilitation services in your home.
Specialty programs include rehabilitation after total knee and hip replacement, stroke rehabilitation, diabetes management, wound care management, and pulmonary disease management. Good and frequent communications are important to your recovery. We provide regular reports on your treatment and recovery to your physician.
This at-home care gives you a healing comfort and security that only the familiar sights and sounds of home can provide.
Last year, CareSouth clinicians and therapists cared for more than 600 patients in over 10,000 home visits. Most patients are over 18 years of age, with the majority being 65 or older.
Who we are:
CareSouth Homecare Professionals is an accredited, state-licensed affiliate of Crisp Regional Hospital. Our team includes 10 registered nurses and one licensed practical nurse, two physical therapists and two physical therapist assistants, one occupational therapist and two occupational therapist assistants, a speech therapist, a medical social worker, and three certified home health aides.
CareSouth’s medical director is Vishal Burra, MD, a Crisp Regional family medicine physician.
What we do:
- We provide skilled care to homebound patients, in their home or assisted living facility, under the supervision of the patient’s physician.
- Length of care varies according to each patient’s needs. There is no limit as long as it follows the orders of the patient’s physician.
- Our nurses develop and apply a specific plan of care for each patient. Services include care and evaluation of patient needs, education of patients and caregivers, and coordination of care with the patient’s healthcare team.
- Our physical therapists provide evaluation and training in mobility, transfers, gait, pain, strength and therapeutic exercises, as well as instruction on equipment and home safety.
- The occupational therapist evaluates and trains patients in activities of daily living activities including feeding/eating, bathing and dressing.
- Our speech therapist evaluates and trains patients who have speech, language, voice, swallowing and cognitive disorders.
- The medical social worker provides short-term counseling services and makes referrals to appropriate community resources for assistance with living arrangements, finances and other long-range planning.
- Certified home health aides deliver services under the supervision of a registered nurse and/or licensed therapist. They provide in-home personal care duties, such as bathing, and assistance with other activities of daily living.
Billing and eligibility:
Homebound patients with physician orders for home care are eligible for CareSouth services. Residents of Crisp, Dooly, Macon, Pulaski, Sumter or Wilcox counties are eligible.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance.