By Brooke Marshall | Archive.
Finding Christmas gifts for everyone can be a daunting and stressful task, and it’s easy to resort to gifting sweets and cookies. But being in a time crunch or being unsure about what to give someone doesn’t mean you have to rely on the tasty, but unhealthy, treats. There are plenty of healthy gifts that your recipients will love, and we’ve compiled a list of them below!
These are healthy gift ideas that won’t simply be added to the pile of Christmas cookies and cupcakes collecting in the fridge.
- Nuts: Chocolate covered or spiced, nuts make a great gift. They are high in healthy fats and many other vitamins and nutrients which can lower the risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Ice cream maker: An ice cream maker allows for healthier ice cream treats than the ones you’ll find stocking the shelves at the grocery store. There are plenty of delicious recipes for dairy free or low sugar ice cream in every flavor – plus, it’s fun to make your own ice cream!
- Tea: There’s nothing better than a hot cup of tea on a chilly winter day. Tea makes a great gift that is full of antioxidants, and there are plenty of seasonal Christmas flavors to choose from.
If the person you are trying to find a gift for is health conscious and likes reading or writing, consider a book that best suits them.
- A healthy cookbook: Maybe you have a friend or family member who loves to cook but is also health conscious or has certain dietary restrictions or allergies. There are gluten-free, dairy-free, and diabetic or vegetarian-friendly cookbooks. All you have to do is pick the one that’s best for your friend or family member.
- A health journal: Do you have friends or family that like to stay organized or enjoy writing? Consider giving them a health journal with a planner to keep track of weight and dietary changes, new recipes, and workout routines to try.
- Exercise gear: Is there someone in your life who is passionate about exercise and working out? Consider giving them something that will help them enjoy being active. This could be workout equipment like weights or stretch bands. Or you could take them to a trail they’ve always wanted to hike or pay for a gym membership. There are plenty of gift ideas for the exercise enthusiast in your life.
- Workout clothes: Someone who loves to exercise can never have too many workout clothes. Find out their favorite brands or colors, and they will appreciate the thoughtfulness of your gift.
- Water bottle: A reusable water bottle makes a great gift for anyone. There are so many that are specially designed to keep water cold for extended amounts of time, making it the perfect gift to keep your friends and family hydrated while they work out.
Your friends and family will love receiving gifts that help them live healthy lifestyles. And all of these gifts show a level of thoughtfulness that goes beyond that of the typical Christmas treats. So don’t panic when you find yourself lost for ideas about what to get your loved ones this year; just choose from the many gifts that encourage and sustain happiness and health!