- Washing your hands often
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay 6 ft away from others
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces
One of the simplest things you can do is to wear a face mask. The CDC advises the use of cloth masks to slow the spread of the virus and help keep people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting to others. This is a simple step you can take to ensure that you keep yourself, and those around you, safe.
What kind of mask should you wear?
When should you wear a mask?
Many stores and restaurants require that face masks be worn inside. Always wear a mask when you are in a space where you are close to other people. Follow any guidelines concerning face masks that are put in place by businesses or the local government. If you are alone, you do not need to wear a mask.
How do you wear the mask?
- Make sure your hands are clean before you put the mask on.
- Put your mask on, making sure that it covers your nose and mouth and fits under your chin.
- Do not use a mask that doesn’t fit correctly. If your mask is too big, it may fall and leave your nose uncovered. If the mask is too small it may not cover your mouth and nose fully.
- Ensure that you can still breath properly while wearing your mask.
Children younger than 2 years old should not wear a mask.